Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It is now less than a month till the Sydney Stitches and Craft Show at Rosehill Race Course. It is hard to believe that it is almost a year since I was there last as an Independent Crafter. I have been drawing little diagrams on how to lay out my stall. I have a 2 x 2 meter square space located on a corner. A need a place for my sewing machine and a place to work. Then a place for display of finished work – a gallery, a spot to display my book and some cards etc to sell as well. I will set up my tables in the big shed next week and see how that goes. In the end, I know it will just be a matter of seeing how things look on site and having a play around. But next - what to pack and what to leave behind. This week: Tidying my shed (will I ever be a tidy person?). Preparing for the Christmas in July Art & Craft Market at Queanbeyan’s ‘Q’ Theatre & working on a piece for the Queanbeyan Art Prize. Friday is the intake and selection day for the Miniature Society of Australia Awards Exhibition so it will be a quick trip up to Sydney then back. I am entering 3 mixed media pieces and a fantasy drawing. Photos this week are the wind turbines near Lake George, which have now been turned on. Remarkable, enormous and quite awe inspiring when you get a bit closer to them. More rainbows - its that time of year. Then, some photos from around our creek.

No comments: