Sunday, July 26, 2009

Christmas in July - "Q" Theatre Queanbeyan














The "Q" Theatre was once again the place to be on Sunday. It was bustling from the time the market opened at 11am until closing at 3pm. There were visits from 3 performers including Santa Claus, Elvis and then the highlight - The Ukulele Soceity of Canberra (they were incredible). It all added to the really festive atmosphere and kept us tapping our toes. I received a great response from my book 'Paper Quilts' which made my day. And of course I couldn't make it through the day without a purchase. Ortensia Sewing Supplies, www.ortensia.com.au was just around the corner, so it was more lovely buttons. More button gardens are definitely on the way.
Today I am teaching the lovely young Mums at the Brindabella Womens Group. 15-20 women this time, so it is a large group and I am hoping we can finish our project in 2 hours. Then off to deliver my piece for the Queanbeyan Art Prize. I wonder how a Paper Quilt will be received in the judging! We'll see.

No comments: