Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Butterflies

This time next week I will be in Sydney for the Stitches and Craft Show at Rosehill. Hopefully I will have my little studio space all set up and ready to go and I will be a happy girl - but I will be very nervous I suspect. Just thinking about it gives me butterflies. 5 days at the show and during that time, my little girl is flying off overseas. I always wanted her to grow up and get her own wings to fly - but now I'm not so sure I like it at all. In fact - it is very distressing.

So, today I sat down and made a list of what I need to before then. I became little side tracked and made a flower broach from fabric which I had printed - and then began work on a VERY large handbag which will hang on the back wall of my space. Tomorrow I will make another large work to hang beside it as a pair. I'm not sure if I will make another bag - or a beautiful tree with a bird resting on top. I think the tree wins as I love the saying "grown old like a tree". Reach up to the sky, stretch open your arms, bare flowers and fruit, be a home and safe place for birds, animals and insects of all kinds and be happy with your beautiful bark which becomes more lovely with age. Pictures of work in progress will follow tomorrow.

No comments: