Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hand Made in Bloom Review

I ask myself the night before each Handmade, “Will there be as many people visiting as the last one?” I don’t know why I ask this because the Handmade Market never disappoints. It is Canberra’s - if not Australia’s - premier market for all the beautiful things which are handmade. So much talent from so many parts of Australia join together to create an event which people mark in their diaries as THE event which they just can’t wait to attend every quarter. It is busy from before opening till after closing time with visitors enjoying the Handmade experience – buy handmade with pride and joy.

As the afternoon came along and lunch called the many hungry shoppers to the variety of tempting eateries, the feeling of the market changed to one of a festival. It was wonderful to see so many people enjoying the springtime sunshine with family and friends in the beautiful surrounds of Kanberra Wine Company. I’m pretty sure that the rock feature, bridge and pools were not built as a children’s adventure play ground but this area fulfilled this task perfectly. One of my favourite views was a Dad holding hands with his little boy, tightrope walking along the rock wall. It reminded me of ABC Catalyst show in Thursday evening about the type of play Dad’s do with their children. The play that Mum’s (no matter how old) find hard to watch but which is so incredibly fantastic. Just plain old fashioned pure fun.

Here is a link to some fantastic photos of the day by Tania McCartney http://canberrahandmademarket.blogspot.com/2010/09/handmade-market-blooming-fabulous.html  Thank you so much to everyone who popped by to say hi and say they enjoyed looking at the new work I have been creating. I had a fabulous day.



No comments: