Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ripening grapes on the front terrace & a view down to the creek.

It is only three days into Autumn yet it is all around us already. We saw our second rugby game of the Super 14 Series – a sign autumn is here for sure. The trees are beginning to turn from a combination of the shorter days and the very harsh weather we have had over the past couple of months – dry, dry and more dry. I have spent several nights lately, lying awake wondering if we will ever see a rain again. It is quite depressing and I feel pretty desperate about the whole climate changing around us.



Saturday I gave a beginners Paper Quilting class at “A White Paper Dragon”. It always amazes me how different each persons work is – a real joy to see. The ladies all did wonderful work. Sunday we had some time by Lake Burley Griffin, a long walk and then lunch at one of my favourite restaurants “The Book Plate” at the National Library of Australia.
Yesterday and today it was back to work in "the shed". I've had a wonderful time experimenting with my new selection of papers. This morning I continued to prepare for the Bazaar at the "Q" Theatre this coming Saturday by making gift tags which I will package up.

No comments: