Thursday, June 4, 2009

Albert Hall - Winter Warmers












The third Handmade Market at Albert Hall was another great day – full of atmosphere, happy noise and crowds of people. The first market was freezing, the second roasting – the third , it was just right.

I set up my stall in a lovely spot near one of the huge arched
doorways. I have tried very hard to tidy up the look of my stall and I was happy with the result. It’s much easier to pack and unpack the car too which is probably the most tiring part of any market day. I’m always on the look out for ways to make my space look new and fresh though. I’m in search of folding ladder display unit now. More height and a couple of areas for pretty arrangements of pictures and other products.

Albert Hall was busy from before the opening time of 10 am till closing at 4pm so I didn’t get a chance to pop around to have a look at all the wonderful handmade goods at the market. And so, for the first time, didn’t buy anything either!! Except coffee of course. I met lots of great people and there were many people interested in taking a class. There was also interest in the book which is very exciting.

So, it’s back to “the shed” to replenish stock. fill orders and make some new papers. Time to start thinking about the Sydney Stitches and Craft Show and Christmas too. It is really wonderful.

No comments: