Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Buttons Galore


What do Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge, Ewan MacGregor in Star Wars, and Bananas in Pyjamas have in common? They all wear buttons from All Buttons Great And Small!!
And that's just where I visited and went shopping last week. I have been wanting to go back for several years but somehow just never got there when I was in Sydney. It is a really magical place with floor to ceiling buttons – a lolly shop for a bower bird like me. I used to visit quite often when we lived in Newtown many years ago. I can see in my head the buttons I bought there in the past. Special buttons full of character - they stand alone.

The buttons I bought will be part of a special quilt I am making to show at the Stitches and Craft Show in Sydney in August.

Then I went on to Elizabeth Rosa Fine Stationery Shop at Double Bay. Another favourite haunt where I always find some gorgeous new piece of wrapping paper or stationary.

1 comment:

Gillian said...

Oh it sounds like a delightful shop :)