Thursday, April 15, 2010

It’s a pretty exciting day today. It’s a beautiful misty morning with the sun just peeking through to shine on the autumn coloured leaves and on the still green grass. It is a beautiful time of the year. At lunch time I will be giving a small talk to the “Day View” Club at Queanbeyan as the stand in speaker. So I hope that will run OK – I hope my voice lasts as it is a bit husky from a cold. Nervous as always though.

Tonight, Shop Handmade is having a media event opening so the shop will be on proper show for the first time. I am going to try to sneak in to take some photos after lunch today to put up on my blog. Tomorrow is the first day of trading – so that will be incredibly exciting for the Handmade Team who have spent so many long hours waving their magic wands to make this all happen for us. Bill walked by the shop on Tuesday night after a photographic meeting and they were still at work at 10.30pm. They must be exhausted. Looking at their blog it looks and sounds fantastic.

This afternoon, if I get everything ready, I am sending off my samples and a short article to a craft magazine. It would be great to be accepted – but like all things in this craft/arts industry – we will be waiting, waiting, waiting – and probably waiting some more to see what happens. If this crafting life has taught me but one thing – it is patience. And that is a virtue – isn’t it??? I’m not sure that what happens when we don’t get accepted is a virtue though. But we just keep going ala Forrest Gump style.

1 comment:

Prim and Pretty said...

I am so excited too, The Handmade shop is looking fabulous.Cant wait to get in there....shopping Friday!