Thursday, April 1, 2010

Well, it’s almost Easter. One of my very favourite times of the year. A time for reflection on what has gone on before – and a time to move forward. For us, here in Australia, it sees Autumn approaching. The leaves are turning yellow and red and the temperature is, at last, dropping. The days are beautiful. We have 2 more sleeps until day light saving is turned off so we gain an hour in the morning. Being a morning person – this is good news.

I am so busy with work, it will be a working time for me this Easter. I can’t complain though as I love what I do more and more. I just wish I had more hours. There is much to look forward to. This Sunday is the Old Bus Depot. It is Portobello Road Day so the vintage and antique dealers will be there which is always fun. Some people think it is a bit morbid – but I find all the beautiful old wares fascinating for their craftsmanship, history and beauty. There are always treasures there.

The Stitches and Craft Shows in Sydney and Canberra for April have been postponed which has brought forward some other creative things which must be done. I am still working on kits and patterns along with the example pieces for shows and an article I am writing. And the markets always require new work to replenish the sold pieces. There is always something new to work on.

Shop Handmade http://shophandmadecanberra.blogspot.com which opens in Canberra on Friday 16th April, also needs work to be created for framing. It is an incredibly exciting venture and I am so proud to be able to be part of it.
Shop Handmade is a place to browse beautiful handmade goods.
Our gorgeous shop is full of handmade designs.
Come in and say hello!

I am creating some very special pieces which will be displayed in my space within the shop. Framed Butterflies Dancing, Butterfly Button Gardens, Glam Handbags, Party Dresses and Ooh La La Corsets Paper Quilt pictures will all be making an appearance.

This week I received my order of Swarovski crystals in the most beautiful colours. I opened the parcel and it was like opening a treasure chest of jewels. Simply gorgeous!!! They are so wonderful to use.

Till next time - Happy Easter.

No comments: