Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Paperific Expo 2010

What an incredible time I had at the 3 day Paperific Expo in Melbourne last week. It’s hard to believe that this time last week I was packing up my car and organising the last minute bits and pieces for the show. Now here I am, back home once more with lots of great memories.

I stayed in the city of Melbourne this time – and oh dear, what a shame – David Jones and Myer were just outside the door!! So a bit of retail therapy was just what I needed after my 8 hour drive from Canberra. Lots of lovely things to look at. One day I will own a Chloe handbag. Dreams!!!

Next day it was a little bit of shoe shopping then off to the National Gallery of Victoria to see the European Masters Exhibition. There were some magnificent works on show and I loved it. Two of my favourites were Fritz von Uhde “At the Window” and Pierre Auguste Renoir “After the Luncheon”. Absolutely beautiful. Then upstairs for a look around the beautiful Asian Ceramics - a very serene area of any art gallery. And to finish off my visit, a stop at The Tea Rooms on the first floor for coffee and the most delicious and beautifully presented sandwiches. Playing ladies for the morning has never been such fun.

Then back to business. Off to the Melbourne Showgrounds for set up. This is the first big craft show that I have attended when I have set up on the ground floor. WHAT A RELIEF. No lifts and waiting around. There were even flat bed trolleys to unload your car so I had only 4 -5 trips back to the car instead of the usual 15-20. At last I was set up with no more to do so the butterflies set in just ready for the start of the show.



Flemminton Racecourse where the famous Melbourne Cup is held each November. These beautiful gates were on the way to the melbourne Showgrounds.
Setting up day

The 3 days were busy all day - every day. I released the 4 new Paper Quilt card patterns which everyone seemed to like and sold out of the Cinderella Shoe - so I think I'm on the right track. I managed to have a quick look around each morning at all the fascinating products for sale during the show. Fabulous new papers, embellishments, computerized cutting machines, pens, sparkles and kits. Then it was head down and almost non stop talk about Paper Quilts. I received a wonderful response and I hope as always that I have inspired people to have a go at this craft I love.

Thanks to Naomi Swan and her team of wonderful and cheerful helpers for making the Paperific Show such a great experience for me and everyone who attended. I look forward to my next trip to Paperific and beautiful Melbourne.

2 comments:

Evan Hinrichsen said...

I just love going down to melbourne and seeing all the wonder events they have.

My next event is The Melbourne Cup and staying at The Langham Melbourne. They also have afternoon tea which if you liked the National Gallery of Victoria's then you'll be blown away by there ARIA Bar.

Trish Goodfield said...

Sounds like another super successful show.