Saturday, August 21, 2010

Paperific Expo Countdown

Wren’s Nest Studio has been asked to demonstrate Paper Quilting at the up and coming Paperific Expo in Melbourne - Friday 27th to Sunday 28th August at the Melbourne Showgrounds, Ascotvale. I am so excited to be travelling to wonderful Melbourne for the second time this year. This time I will be staying in the city so I can do some window shopping, walk the beautiful streets and soak up the buzzy, sophisticated atmosphere of the city at the end of each day.

Paperific – as its name implies, is all about Papercraft so it is wonderful to be involved. I can’t wait to see the other Papercraft stores at the show which I’m sure will have some inspirational goodies. Here is a piece I have been working on to celebrate the 10th birthday of the show. She was inspired by the Paperific logo and was created using a combination of techniques. She is being framed today and will be travelling with me to the show.



I have been busy preparing for the show. Creating more Paper Quilts, organising my gallery of Paper Quilts, working on some card making patterns which I will release at the show, packaging and working on the set up of my space. It always takes a lot more time than I think it will and I end up in a hell of a mess up the shed. Maybe today I can get it all organized. Dream on dear!!!

Last week I became a Bernina Friend. This is incredibly exciting news as it means I may be doing some work with them in the future. So yesterday I picked my very pretty new Bernina 46 to use for demonstrations and in my classes. It is a great looking machine - combining a retro feel with modern design. It is just perfect for Papercraft and general sewing as it’s not heavy and it is not expensive. Today (if I can tear myself from tidying the shed) I will be learning to use my new beauty so I will be up to speed for Paperific. I think I will call her Nettey Blossom - as every sewing machine as pretty as this deserves a name.

No comments: