Tuesday, September 29, 2009

National Gallery Workshop




Sunday was the perfect day for a workshop afternoon. It was the coldest September day since some time in the 1960's so we didn't feel guilty about being inside at all. I was incredibly excited to be giving a workshop on making Paper Quilts at the National Gallery of Australia. This workshop was held in conjunction with an exhibition of 5 beautiful antique quilts which are not usually on display. It was a wonderful feeling being at the gallery as a teacher of the craft I practice.



I set up in a large room - the small theatre - so we had lots of room to spread out. We accomplished so much in the 2 hours and everyone who attended created beautiful work which you see in the picture here. A gift tag, aperture greeting card and a bookmark. I was very proud of everyone there and I hope they enjoyed the afternoon as much as I did.

No comments: